Monday, January 10, 2005

Painting tools

Looks like I need a few other pieces of equipment before I start my painting.

Paint:

The kit I have comes with 6 tubes of paint, approximate colours are white,red,yellow,blue,green and brown. Each is 22ml, and my canvas is 14 X 10 inches. I'm sure I could do some calculation to work out whether I have enough paint to cover the canvas, but I have a feeling I'm going to come up a bit short. This may well be more of a problem as I don't really think I'll be using green and brown at all anyway, and I'll probably waste quite a lot with bad mixing. Must find a shop where I can get extra suplies

Brush

I only have one brush, which should be OK for general purpose work, but this means only painting one colour at a time - I have a feeling that cleaning the brush will become very tedious, and so I think I'll need at least one more.

Cleaning

White Spirit
Turpentine
Linseed Oil

The white spirit/turpentine is to clean my brush when I switch colours, and a mixture of turpentine and linseed oil is to lightly brush on my painting if I have to leave it to dry and then restart later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home